Published:September 28, 2017 3:21 pm
The Angamaly court has further extended the remand for actor Dileep, who was arrested for allegedly masterminding the attack on a Malayalam actress, until October 12. According to media reports, the proceedings were done through videoconferencing with the actor lodged in Aluva sub-jail. Notably, Kerala High court had reserved its order on Dileep’s bail plea on Wednesday. The actor’s bail plea was rejected four times earlier by the court.
According to media reports, the prosecution has said that the driver of Dileep’s wife Kavya Madhavan has tried to contact a witness 41 times and that the records were available. While the prosecution had earlier claimed that the said driver tried to influence a witness, the quantum was mentioned on Wednesday’s hearing. They also added that the statements of four witnesses has to be recorded in secret. The report further added that the prosecution had argued that there is a possibility of evidence being destroyed if Dileep is allowed on bail. Reports also suggest that prosecution claimed that Rs 1.5 crore was offered by Dileep to Pulsar Suni, the main accused, which would be double if Suni got caught.
In a shocking incident, a popular actress was abducted and molested in a running vehicle on February 10. Dileep was arrested on July 10 for allegedly masterminding the attack due to personal vendetta. Recently, Kavya Madhavan’s anticipatory bail was struck down by the court after police guaranteed that Kavya would not be arrested. The court had postponed the bail plea of Dileep’s close friend Nadirshah. He was earlier summoned for interrogation on September 17.
© IE Online Media Services Pvt Ltd